Whole Golden Flax Seed 1lb Gold Top Organics
- Made from the highest quality organic seeds grown in Western Canada.
- Free of genetically modified organism (GMO).
- Nutritionally similar to the Brown Flax Seeds yet they have a slight nutty flavour.
- More than 54% of the total fat content is alpha- linolenic acids; an industry leader.
- Gluten and trans fat free.
- Manufactured in a peanut free and kosher approved facility.
Flax seed, also known as linseed, is noted to have high nutritional value. In particular, flax seeds contain a high content of alpha-linolenic fatty acids (an essential omega-3 fatty acid) and fibre. In fact, more than 70% of fat in flax is of the healthful polyunsaturated type. A unique feature of flax is the high ratio of alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) to linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acids).