Yerba Maté Herbal Tea 24 Tea Bags Celebration Herbals
Yerba Maté, (pronounced herba-may-tay), comes from the Indian name maté meaning "drinking vessel" or "gourd". Jesuits added the word "yerba," meaning the herb of excellence. This tea grows mainly in Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina, near streams and rivers. Yerba Maté is grown for its leaves; they are harvested and dried from December to August.
In some South American countries this is a national drink, more popular than coffee or any other type of tea. Add a little lemon or Stevia for a traditional flavour, sit back and enjoy.
Yerba Maté Tea Bags
Organic Yerba Maté (Ilex paraguayensis)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.